Dispatches from the domestic frontline

Sunday 28 September 2008

Bulletin from Walthamstow Quarantine Zone

It appears there has been some kind of mini apocalypse. There's no way out of Walthamstow. The Victoria line is totally suspended; the London Overground is suspended, and there's no train between Chingford and Hackney Downs, meaning we're cut off.

I've tried listening to the radio for information, but I got rather involved in the Archers, and haven't been able to tear myself away. Luckily the freezer is full of pureed veg for the baby, so I figure with that and breast milk, we should be ok. The circularity of attempting to sustain myself with my own breast milk seems to have a built-in futility, but perhaps the quarantine will be lifted before we get that far.

I will post further updates when possible.

No comments: